THE WINTER LOW INCOME HOME AND ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR BOTH REGULAR AND CRISIS ASSISTANCE WILL
BEGIN JANUARY 9th, 2017
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US AT 479-636-7301
PLEASE VIEW FULL LIST OF REQUIREMENTS
OHC provides energy assistance with electric, gas, and propane for Benton, Carroll, and Madison County residents.
- Regular Assistance provides a one-time payment applied to the energy bill of your choice upon approval of your application. It will take approximately 35 days for the payment to post to your utility account.
- Crisis Assistance will allow us to connect, reconnect, or prevent disconnection with an electric or gas account. In addition, if you are at 10% or below in propane and are not allowed to charge propane, we will be able to assist you with a minimum delivery upon approval of your application.
As your local Community Action Agency, OHC can help you apply for LIHEAP. Assistance is not available year round. Please email the Central Office to be placed on a list to be notified when applications will be accepted.
In order to apply for LIHEAP, you must have the following documents and information:
- Social Security numbers and birth dates for all members of the household
- Proof of income, such as a pay stub. If you have no income, you must have evidence of how you have been supporting yourself.
- You MUST provide a copy of BOTH your Electric AND Gas bill at the time you are applying for assistance. In addition, if you are applying for propane, you must have verification from your propane verifying your account number and the dollar amount of propane used in the last 12 months. The approval of your application will be delayed if you do not bring the required documents with you.
To obtain a copy of your Social Securtiy or SSI Award Letter, visit Social Security Express.
To obtain verification of child support, please visit the OCSE MyCase site.